Plover Lovers

Plover

2 Questions:

Why do you think I posted this?

What did you learn about Plovers?

Answer in the comments please!

24 thoughts on “Plover Lovers

1. Hi Miss C,
    I think you posted this because there are nesting plovers at the back of the oval. I learn’t that plovers like to nest in open spaces/ large grass land areas. I also learn’t that when plovers nest, they nest near water.
    I found in strange because I thought all birds nested in trees.
    P.S plovers are very good at protecting their nests.
    From Olivia

2. Hi miss c

I think you posted this because of the plovers on the oval and I now that they put there eggs in open place and kids have been throwing stuff at them. That’s why they been swooping kids on the oval .

3. Hi miss C,
    I think you posted this because recently there have been plovers nesting on the back of the oval. I learned that plovers the plovers will only swoop until all there eggs have hatched and are able to fly away.

4. Hi Miss C,
    I think you posted this post to warn people to leave the plovers/Masked lapwing alone and get along in life. It should get through to people’s head that protective parents are out there, stay away from that area. I learnt that plovers/ masked lapwings are really protective of their children and will do anything to protect them.
    From Chloe

5. Hi Ms C.

Masked Lapwings are more then just a annoying bird that will swoop you, they can help you by eating annoying insects such as flys and many others, but when it’s there time from them to be hunted there nothing but a piece of chicken breast threw the eyes of a fox. They build there nest on the ground in a open field. These birds can be seen in airfields beaches and hunt on marine wildlife. They have sharp yellow tips on the end of there wing that projects when it is hunting.

6. Hi Miss C,
    I think you’ve posted this because we have plovers on the oval. I learnt that plovers are very protective of their babies and that is why they swoop us. I also learnt that they like to put their eggs in open spaces like our oval.
    From Ella-Rose

7. Hi Miss C,
    I learnt a lot from reading that article. All the plovers are doing is protecting they eggs. By reading further I also found out that that go to HUGE lengths to save their young, such as faking injures so the predator goes for the parent while the other parent takes away the babies. I now have a lot more respect for the birds because of how well the article was written. I think that you got us to read that article as there is some plovers nesting on the oval.
    From Austin
    P.S: I am pretty sure that they are the Vanellus miles novaehollandiae or as it says in the article they are the spur winged plover.

8. Hi Miss.C,
    I think you posted that post because of the plovers on the oval but also to keep everyone safe and staying away from it. But I Also think that you posted it because they have their own territory and we have ours. So we should leave them alone and let them be because they are just being protective. Plovers care for their land,home and eggs. The swoop people because they are protecting their family especially.
    Sarah

9. Hi Miss C, I think you left this post because recently a pair of plovers have decided to leave a nest on the back side of the oval, and because the birds are constantly swooping us, you’ve decided to give us inside on the birds.
    From, Max

10. Hi Miss C,
    I think you posted this because it’s plover season. I learnt that plovers wont actually attack you, they will just swoop quite close to you. I also learnt that they lay their eggs in open areas because the eggs camouflage.

11. I think that you posted this because there plovers on the oval and you what us to tell the younger kid to keep their distance. I leant that plovers are a very careing animal, and that they will keep swooping until all the babies are able to fly away from danger.

12. Hi Miss C I think you have posted this because there are plovers nesting and the back of the oval. Maybe you also want use to learn more about plovers and why we should stay away from them too . I have learnt that plovers live in Australia, Indonesia, New Guinea, New Caledonia and New Zealand.

13. Hey Miss C,
    I learnt that a plover and a lapwing bird is the same bird, just a different species within its type. But both of them are called Lapwings. I think you posted this article because we have plovers on our oval, giving us the message that we should not disturb them as its not easy to be the size of a football and take care of your little ones, with big giants going after you.
    From Ella

14. I think that you posted this because there are plovers on the oval but we did not know much about them. I also think you posted this because a lot of us have a reading goal about reading different texts but we are not doing anything about it. I learnt that being a plover is not easy, because they have to protect their young while avoiding becoming a foxes lunch. Which sounds pretty tough.

15. Hi Miss C,
    I think that you posted this comment so that we found out some information about plovers because there are some near the oval. I learnt that they are trying to protect the family and that’s why they are swooping. I also learnt that they like to nest in an open space/area.
    Kyah,

16. Hey Miss C,
    You posted this because 1. It’s Plover Season and 2. There’s some on the oval. I didn’t know that there were two birds that looked so alike , but are different and have the same names. That confused me, but then I read they were two sub-species. I also learnt unlike most chicks they feed themselves from day 1. I have masked lapwings at my house and I find it very stupid how they lay their eggs on the ground. Foxes are one of their main predators as the plovers lay their eggs on the ground. I wonder if they are masked lapwings or spur winged plovers? They have eggs in that brown colour so it camouflages from predators. What do you think about plovers?
    From Isabelle ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜€

17. Hi Miss C,
    I think you posted this because people need to read more non-fiction and because there are plovers around our school grounds. I learnt that the plovers are very protective of their eggs and they will do anything to stop humans from trying to get close to their eggs.
    From Mia.

18. Hey Miss C,
    I think you posted this ‘post’ because, lately there have been plovers on the oval. They sometimes swoop at you aswell. I learned that they like to put their eggs in open spaces and to stay way from them!
    From Archie!

19. Hi miss c

I think that you posted this post because at the moment because there are two plovers nesting at the back of our oval and swooping us every time we try to score a goal. Secondly I learnt that plovers are protected wiled life and that they do a pretty good job at protecting there eggs.

20. I think you posted this because there are some plovers around the oval.
    I learned that plovers like to place there eggs in open spaces.

21. Hi miss C, I think you posted this because there is plovers on the oval. I learnt what to do if a birds swoops you.